For four decades now, the Ford F-150 has been the best-selling truck in North America. Celebrating its 40th birthday this year, the latest model features extensive upgrades, including new and improved powertrains, higher towing capacity, new safety tech and a revised exterior. Boasting class-leading towing and hauling capabilities, new tech features, good gas mileage, and more, it’s no wonder Car Cost Canada users favour the F-150.
As one of the most popular trucks users request dealer invoice reports for, you’re likely dying to get your hands on the latest model, too. See exactly why the new F-150 is a top-pick:
2018 Ford F-150 Overview
Combining a line up of powerful and capable engines with spacious, high-quality cabins, the 2018 Ford F-150 is one of the highest-ranked full-size pickup trucks in North America. Featuring impressive upgrades including a new 3.0-Liter Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V6 engine, as well as revised gasoline engines backed by 10-speed automatic transmission, this year’s model is said to be the most complete and compelling full-size pickup in the market. The 2018 Ford F-150 is also refreshed with new grille designs, bumpers, exterior lighting, tailgates and wheels that redefine what it means to look tough in this industry.
2018 Ford F-150 Engine and Transmissions
This year’s F-150 model offers an excellent selection of sophisticated engines, most paired with Ford’s 10-speed automatic transmission. With all powertrains featuring auto start/stop technology, the F-150 owners can choose from 5 naturally aspirated and turbocharged engines including Ford’s most powerful one yet–a twin-turbo 3.5-Liter V-6 that is capable of towing a class-leading 13,200 pound/feet.
The 5 engine options consist of:
- The 3.5L EcoBoost® which produces 375 horsepower and best-in-class 470 lb-ft of torque
- The 2.7L EcoBoost® which produces 325 horsepower and a jaw dropping 400 lb-ft of torque
- The New 3.3L Ti-VCT V6 Engine featuring Ford-first port fuel and direct injection system (PFDI)
- The 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 Engine which produces 395 horsepower and 400lb-ft of torque
- The Raptor DOHC 24-Valve, High-Output 3.5L EcoBoost® which produces an impressive 450 horsepower and 510 lb-ft of torque–even more than the previous 6.2L V8 in the 2017 F-150 model.
2018 Ford F-150 Technology
With notable upgrades to its exterior design and engine options, there’s no doubt that Ford would upgrade its state-of-the-art infotainment system, otherwise known as the Sync 3, too. With that being said, 2018 Ford F-150 owners can look forward to the following infotainment features in their vehicle this year:
- Android Auto & Apple CarPlay
- Aux Input & USB
- Voice Command & Navigation
- Real-time weather & Real-time traffic
- Bluetooth Audio & Bluetooth Phone
Beyond the Snyc 3 infotainment system, F-150 owners can also take advantage of other smart features including:
- An 8-inch LCD Productivity Screen
- Sync Connect Powered By FordPass – enables you to track your vehicle’s location and remotely access vehicle features, such as start, lock and unlock, and vehicle status, including fuel level.
- FordPass – a one-stop app that enables you to find parking, reserve and pay ahead of time, compare fuel prices along your route, and much more
- Class-Exclusive Remote Tailgate Release
- 360-Degree Back Up Camera With Split View Display
- Blind Spot Information System – with cross-traffic alert and trailer coverage
- Pre-Collision Assist & Lane-Keeping System
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go
- Remote Keyless Entry – with Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry and Panic Button
Get the Ford F-150 At A Reasonable Price
Interested in purchasing the 2018 Ford F-150? The fully-capable, all-around impressive full-sized pickup’s base model starts at an MSRP of $30,649. Luckily, Car Cost Canada users can discover up to $2000 in additional incentives when they request a free dealer invoice report and bring it to a preferred local dealership.
Beyond gaining access to special rates and hidden factory incentives, car owners on the market can also use their dealer invoice report from Car Cost Canada to reveal prime negotiating points (including what your dealers paid for the vehicle) and preferred dealerships in the area. At Car Cost Canada, we make it easy for you to drive away in your dream vehicle.
Ready to hit the roads in your all new 2018 Ford F-150? Don’t miss out on all the big savings! Request a free dealer invoice report from Car Cost Canada today to unlock additional incentives we know you’ll love.